Your first home is an important milestone in life – a place to call your own that provides comfort and shelter and can adapt to the changing needs of you and your family. Most of us have spent time living in poorly designed houses, and the decision to build often arises from frustration at the quality of houses that are available for sale.
Are you looking to overcome some of these common problems?
- Insufficient space and poor layout
- Expensive winter heating costs
- Cold and damp conditions affecting your health
- Worrying about finding enough space for your growing family
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live and grow in a comfortable, healthy environment where they can flourish. Congratulations on recognising this, and taking the first steps towards building your first home.
As ‘first-timers’ to building we appreciated Stephen’s wise advice, and his ability to identify and address issues. He certainly saved us a great deal of stress and prevented costly mistakes – without a doubt, value for money! We are delighted with the end result – our vision has become reality.
A & R Barnes, Christchurch
Where to begin?
We have a simple process that you can work through to start creating your new home today.
- Contact us now to arrange a FREE initial consultation so you can tell us about your project and ask us any questions. Find out what you’ll get from your free consultation.
- After our meeting you’ll receive a detailed plan specific to your new home that includes:
- A summary of your requirements
- A description of the process we will go through to design your new home together.
- Processes we will put in place so you can stay in control of your budget.
- Several options for architectural services so you can choose a package that suits your needs.
- Once you’ve decided which option is right for you the design process can begin – to keep you informed and involved we’ll use a computer model and drawings to ensure you fully understand the design and can give feedback at each stage.
- We can also assist with tendering, construction contracts and observation throughout the construction phase, which can help make this time less stressful for you.
Click below to arrange your FREE consultation, and to find out what we’ll cover and how you can prepare. We’ll send you a ‘guide to writing a brief’ booklet that’s full of valuable tips – very useful if you don’t know where to begin!
You may not realise it, but right now is the easiest time to make the major decisions that will determine how happy you feel in your new home. You’d be surprised how many alteration projects we undertake to help out people who have bought or built houses that have been poorly designed and require significant changes to improve their layout and performance. They can end up paying twice to fix problems that could have been avoided the first time around.
This is a clear demonstration of the value of design – by investing in a concept that has been well thought through and is backed up with clear and accurate documentation you know you’ll end up with a comfortable home that will have a smile on your face from the day you first walk through the door.
By investing in a well-considered design our home has served us well through changing phases of life. We’ve been able to initially plan for, and then later build, more storage and another room as our family has changed and budget allowed. We enjoy a comfortable and dry home that is healthy for our family and economical to run.
N Norton & T Page, Heathcote