High Performance Homes
You may have assumed that any house built to modern building code requirements will perform to a high standard. Sadly many new homes are poorly designed, and aren’t as comfortable or energy-efficient as a modern home should be.
Wouldn’t you be disappointed if your new home or alteration suffered from these common problems?
- Difficult to keep warm in winter
- Overheating in summer
- Dampness, condensation and mould growth (and associated effects on your health)
We believe that it’s important to live in a home where you and your family are guaranteed to feel comfortable all year round – a home that never feels draughty, damp or cold. Imagine if your new home could achieve all this yet only require a fraction of the energy use compared to a standard new home! If that sounds impossible, then consider building a Passive House or Homestar 8+ rated home.
Passive House and Homestar offer the ability to design and build a new home that does not require significant energy input to maintain a quality indoor environment, one whose environmental impact is significantly reduced compared to other new homes. If we’re describing your dream home then congratulations on recognising the importance of these issues and taking the first steps towards building a high performance home for your future.
The thoughtful design makes the most of passive solar benefits, as well as natural ventilation, meaning a comfortable, dry home all year round that is healthy for our family and economical to run.
N Norton & T Page, Heathcote
Where to begin?
We have a simple process that you can work through to start creating your new home today.
- Contact us now to arrange a FREE initial consultation so you can tell us about your project and ask us any questions. Find out what you’ll get from your free consultation.
- After our meeting you’ll receive a detailed plan specific to your new home that includes:
- A summary of your requirements
- A description of the process we will go through to design your new home together.
- Processes we will put in place so you can stay in control of your budget.
- Several options for architectural services so you can choose a package that suits your needs.
- Once you’ve decided which option is right for you the design process can begin – to keep you informed and involved we’ll use a computer model and drawings to ensure you fully understand the design and can give feedback at each stage.
- We can also assist with tendering, construction contracts and observation throughout the construction phase, which can help make this time less stressful for you.
Click below to arrange your FREE consultation, and to find out what we’ll cover and how you can prepare. We’ll send you a ‘guide to writing a brief’ booklet that’s full of valuable tips – very useful if you don’t know where to begin!
You may not realise it, but right now is the easiest time to make the major decisions that will determine how happy you feel in your new home. You’d be surprised how many alteration projects we undertake to help out people who have bought or built houses that have been poorly designed and require significant changes to improve their layout and performance. They can end up paying twice to fix problems that could have been avoided the first time around.
This is a clear demonstration of the value of design – by investing in a concept that has been well thought through and is backed up with clear and accurate documentation you know you’ll end up with a comfortable home that will have a smile on your face from the day you first walk through the door.
We recently purchased on Mt Pleasant and wanted to use a local Architect to help us with our alterations. Greg has been wonderful to work with, and the end result will be a modern home that will fully meet our needs yet will also respect the era in which it was built. We would highly recommend Greg and wouldn’t hesitate to use him again.
S Willis and N Harrison, Mount Pleasant